For Martin Luther, music was a “lady and governor of the human heart”. For the first time in church history, Luther put music and theology on the same level with the “Sing and Say” formula. Luther and Bach spent years of their childhood in Eisenach, went to the same school, and both knew the Church of Georgen. Luther wrote numerous chants that Bach later set to music. Bach is not only the 5th Evangelist, but rather the most famous interpreter of the Bible. He saw music as praising God and as a form of preaching. Bach signed all of his compositions with SOLI DEO GLORIA (Glory to God alone). Meet two central german men who wrote world history and find out what connects them in authentic places.
- 1 x N/B in a comfortable middle class hotel in Eisenach
- 1 x Thematic city tour „Bach as Lutheraner“
- 1 x Entry & tour: Wartburg (UNESCO-World heritage) with a visit to the Lutherstube
- 1 x Scientific presentation „Luther and the music“
- 1 x Entry and special tour „Bach and Luther“ at Bachhouse Eisenach
- 1 x Visit to Bach's theological private library
- 1 x Prelude to Bach’s Luther chorales on original baroque keyboard instruments (House organ, harpsichord, spinet, clavichord) at Bachhouse Eisenach
- 1 x Sound examples on the Bach organ of the Divi Blasii Church in Mühlhausen
(Changes and adjustments possible according to your wishes)
Group travel offer „Bach as Lutheraner“:
- Price: from 125,00 € p.P. DBL
- Bookable: all year on request and availability
Our Service for you: We take care!
If you have any questions about the group travel offer „Bach as Lutheraner“ don't hesitate to contact us!
It is a pleasure for us to help you.