The people of Eisenach are proud of their theatre! The patron Julius von Eichel-Streiber donated the theatre building to the citizens of Eisenach in 1879. In the year 2008, it was transferred to the Meiningen-Eisenach Cultural Foundation. A young, international ballet ensemble as well as the Young Acting Ensemble are at home here. Supported by cooperations with the Meininger State Theatre, the Theatre of Rudolstadt and the Thuringian Philharmonic Orchestra Gotha-Eisenach, they present a versatile programme.