The memorial to the “de-Jewing Institute“
On 6 May 1939, eleven Protestant regional churches founded the "Institute for the Research and Elimination of Jewish Influence on German Church Life" in Eisenach. The task of this institute was to eradicate the Jewish roots of Christianity and to adapt the teaching and worship of the Protestant Church to the National Socialist ideology.
The first office of this "De-Jewing Institute" was located at Bornstraße 11. On 6 May 2019, the legal successors of the then participating Regional Churches unveiled a memorial in the immediate vicinity as a confession of their guilt and in memory of the victims of church anti-Judaism and anti-Semitism. The Luther House in Eisenach is showing an explanatory special exhibition on this topic (as from 20 September 2019).